Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Friend Zone

Lets just be friends, I value our relationship too much, your like a BROTHER, etc…
These are the various excuses I have heard since I was ohhh 13 about why a woman did not want to date me. The excuses have take a toll over the years. It made me question was being the man I was raised to be worth it? Did women really want thugs or nice thugs? and why oh why can a woman have a guy who she knows will do for her and put him in the friendzone all to date a man who she constantly is frustrated by….
AND I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you ready? like I am seriously excited about it..Whew..I’m sweatin like Eddie Long at a Boy Scout meeting.
The reason is this…I have no f’ing clue… In the process of writing this piece I learned that every woman has a different reason for why she puts men in the friend zone. The most recurrent reason I heard was that there was no attraction.  Now as hard of a hit that it is to take to the ego..its real. Despite my massive ego on my manic days not every woman wants me. Those that don’t I tend to believe are lesbians but I digress.  Attraction is something that can’t fully be explained like why do bbq cheetos taste so good. I’m not a tall dark and super handsome man.  I’m not Idris, Boris, Will, or Denzel. Now im not bad looking but hey I’m not the dude that women look at and say “yes I will tear him UP!!!!” Im what you call cute but my talk game more than makes up for it.
Another reason I did find was that possibly they weren’t ready for what I had to give. Lets not kid ourselves sometimes we claim we want something but we are not ready for it. You claim u want a home but YOU NEVER get a relator. You claim you wanna be rich but you never save money.  Sometimes God has to move stuff out of our line of sight to appreciate it. Fellas I know we get mad when a woman says lets be friends but you have to respect it. If they can’t appreciate you as a suitor then don’t worry about it.  Be her friend and learn the REAL her. Not the fantasy you have about you and her’s future family. Some on my best female friends I had an interest at first but they didn’t. Then during the process of being friends I learned so much dirt about them thru their own mouths AINT NO WAY IN HELL I’d date. This is what we call a Chekov.
Chekov is a creative tool that has something mentioned really early in a story or film and then forgotten.  During the climax the Chekov becomes extremely significant later on.  This is why friendship is always the Chekov in relationships. You learn more about people as there friend then you will ever learn as their mate.
 
All in all I learned that life is too short to live in the past. Nothing is gained by living in a constant cycle of could’ve , should’ve,
would’ve. If a woman doesn’t want you don’t do like me and sweat it. Cry a river build a bridge and get over it. Lessons are all around  us in life. The problem is that we rather not look and see the lesson. But that’s cool the lesson will creep on you and bite you. When that happens you’ll look for a friend to help take care of the wound.  That’s when friend zones feel a little bit better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment